I am pleased as punch to be hosting this third round of the Adopt a Gluten-Free Blogger Event started by Sea at the great Book of Yum website. This event encourages us all to find a gluten-free blogger, or someone with a number of gluten-free recipes on their blog, and "adopt" them by making a dish and reporting back so we can all check out a final roundup of recipes and blog reviews. You can check the Book of Yum post here to see how this event got started. And here's a link to the Round Two Roundup and example posts.
Round Three of Adopt a Gluten-Free Blogger will run from April 28 through May 11, 2008. During that time participants are asked to post their blog entries about their adoptees and include a photo if possible. You can also insert a photo badge from the Book of Yum like the one below to use in your post. There are also a couple of other photo badges at the Book of Yum link above. Then send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your blog post link, a photo and any other information so I can get the rounding up underway.
After May 11th, I will post a roundup of the entries and photos. I think it's a great way to find out about some new recipes and cooking techniques and I've already added the onion bhajis from Jeena's Kitchen and Coca-Cola Cake from Gluten a Go Go to my cooking repertoire. Plus, Gluten-Free Bloggers deserve lots of link love. I know my family and I have really benefited from the creative ideas, recipes and support from the gluten-free blogosphere when Dan got his celiac diagnosis two years ago and we had to overhaul our diet and cooking style.
If you are interested in participating, please leave a comment below to claim your gluten-free blogger with your name and your adopted blog/website). The rules for this event state that you pick someone different from any previous picks you might have had and that you not pick a blogger that someone has picked already during this round. I will keep a running list of the participants to help us with our plans.
The only other proviso is that you link to your adopted blogger’s recipe rather than posting it in your blog, for courtesy's sake. Please follow your chosen blogger’s recipe as printed, making only minor changes for reasons of allergy or veg/non-veg diet.
Looking forward to another round of gluten-free deliciousness....
Round Three Adopt A Gluten-Free Blogger List:
1) Cheryl of Gluten-Free Goodness is going to adopt Gluten-Free Bay.
2) Me (Rachel) of Wheat-Free, Meat-Free is going to adopt Fresh Ginger.
3) Sheltie Girl at Gluten A Go Go is adopting Naomi at Straight Into Bed Cakefree and Dried.
4) Carrie at Ginger Lemon Girl is adopting at The Good Eatah.
5) Teri at Faking It Gluten-Free Style is adopting Carrie at Ginger Lemon Girl.
6) Thomas at the GFCF Experience is adopting Natalie, the Gluten-Free Mommy.
7) In My Box is adopting Karina, the Gluten-Free Goddess.
8)The Gluten-Free Gastronaut is adopting Bea at La Tartine Gourmande.
9) Sea at the Book of Yum is adopting Kate at Gluten-Free Gobsmacked.
10) Naomi at Gluten-Free, Not Gluten-Freaky is adopting Shauna, the Gluten-Free Girl (and soon-to-be Mama!)