Time for my semi-annual peek at what some of my gluten free blogger buddies are doing out there.
first started this list several years ago, I had fifty or so bloggers
listed and then the list ballooned on over 150. I've trimmed it back
since then so I can update it more easily and now the list reflects the
blogs that I think most effectively cover a certain point-of-view or
There is probably a gluten-free blogger
that shares your cooking style, whether you are an adventurous cook who
likes to dip into a variety of international cuisines; a mom in need
of kid-friendly recipes; a budget-conscious gourmand; someone who loves
to bake and is in need of retooling for the gluten-free kitchen or
someone who is all of the above! I hope this list and summary helps
ease you into the GF lifestyle. I know I am grateful for all the
camaraderie, recipes and information I have gleaned from the fantastic
and supportive Gluten-Free blogging community.
A Baking Life - There's lots of gorgeous photography and plenty of gluten-free baking going on at Tara's blog about GF living in Maine.
- ATX stands for Austin, Texas, and Jessica is the amazing cook and GF
personal chef who offers news and stylish GF recipes for such cool eats
as Caprese Salad Skewers, Spicy Roasted Okra and Red Quinoa with
Artichokes, Cranberry and Mushrooms.
The Baking Beauties
- Jeannine is a Manitoba Mom who knows her way around the kitchen and
is navigating a new gluten-free lifestyle just, well, beautifully!
Great baking recipes and photos.
Book of Yum
- Vegetarian with some fish and seafood recipes added, this blog
features a lot of Asian recipes and recipes that are not only
gluten-free, but dairy and egg free. Book of Yum also has a lot of raw
food and vegan recipes to try and is the home of the monthly Adopt a
Gluten Free Blogger Event.
Cannelle et Vanille - Just the most gorgeous food and photography
blog you'd ever want to spend hours perusing. The hostess is Aran, a
Basque ex-pat living in the U.S. and all the sumptuous recipes are
- These New York City gals know where all the good gluten-free
restaurants, delis, pizzerias and foodie havens are and also dish out
good gluten-free advice about travel. If you sign up for their email
newsletter you can also enter contests for free gluten-free products.
Celiacs in the House
- A thrifty mom of two teenagers (now that sounds familiar!) in
Columbus, Ohio reports on her gluten-free home cooking experiments and
thrifty meal ideas.
Celiac Teen - Lauren's a Canadian teenager interested in good food and fashion and she is one fabulous baker!
Cinnamon Quill - The Cinnamon Quill is a wonderfully talented baker
(not to mention an awesome food photographer). All her recipes are
vegetarian or vegan, in addition to being gluten free of course.
The Crispy Cook
- Hey, that's my blog! Gluten-free and mostly vegetarian recipes,
with the occasional fish and seafood recipe. Some product reviews,
gardening posts and other fun stuff.
The Culinary Life - Culinary Wordsmith Stephanie Stiavetti blogs about gluten-free food,
photography, organic cooking, and health issues from her computer in San
Diet, Dessert and Dogs
- Ricki's the author of "Sweet Freedom: Desserts You’ll Love without
Wheat, Eggs, Dairy or Refined Sugar" and has a great vegan and
gluten-free blog with lots of baking and healthy recipes. And the
occasional canine photo op.
Eat This - Whole
grains, natural ingredients, and sugar-free recipes are the focus of
this Michigan blogger. You'll find plenty of vegetables and plenty of
flavor and some gorgeous food photography to boot!
- Elana's a Little League baseball coach and Boulder, Colorado
businesswoman whose elegant site promotes gluten-free cooking, healthy
homemaking and environmentally-friendly information.
Fat-Free Vegan Kitchen - While not a gluten-free blog per se, there is a wonderful archive of gluten-free recipes on this popular food blog.
Fire and Salt
- Brian's a Portland, Oregon fire-fighter, so we know he's already a
great cook and he cooks gluten-free for his celiac wife. Terrific
- Sophie's got a sweet tooth, and you'll find plenty of gorgeous
photographs of her gluten-free baked goods with mouthwatering recipes.
For the Love of Food
- Noosh is the host of this gluten-free, dairy-free, sugar-free and
soy-free blog with excellent recipes, including Persian culinary
The GFCF Experience
- Blog host Thomas is a Montana father of four who feeds his family a
gluten-free, casein-free diet. You'll find lots of great recipes,
information about Autism Spectrum Disorder and parenting anecdotes.
Ginger Lemon Girl
- Carrie is from North Carolina and has a particular penchant for
gluten-free baking. She also hosts a Gluten-Free Girl interview feature
which showcases other gluten-free bloggers and a Kid-Friendly Fridays
event for gluten-free goodness that kids will lap up.
Gluten Free A-Z - Judee's got some great vegetarian and gluten-free recipes on her blog, as well as health tips, information and resources.
Gluten Free Easily - Shirley is a dynamo who leads a celiac support
group in her native Virginia and is a wealth of information about how to
cook with naturally gluten-free and unprocessed foods.
Gluten Free Philly - Get the scoop on new GF products, events and restaurants in the Philadelphia area.
- This self-described fitness fanatic, health nut, wife, teacher and GF
foodie has lots to say about navigating the GF life and offers many
awesome recipes too.
A Gluten-Free Day - Wonderful gluten-free recipes and ethereal photography from Finland.
Gluten Free Diva - Ellen is a musician and excellent cook, judging from the delectable range of gluten-free recipes on her popular blog.
Gluten Free Frenzy! - This Utah gal has plenty of recipes, giveaways and health tips for the GF community and some great photos to boot!
Gluten Free for Good
- Melissa is a nutritional therapist who blogs about the healthiest
gluten-free recipes. Wonderful advice and information with the added
bonus of lovely food photography.
- Erin is a New York City resident who has lived gluten-free with
gusto for 25 years! You can find product and restaurant reviews,
recipes, and other information.
- Shauna James Ahern married the Chef, published a book and had a
perfect baby girl, all in one year. Her blog is more essay than recipe
heavy, but when the recipes come, they are perfect and seasonally
fresh. Make sure to buy her book, "Gluten-Free Girl" and make your
local library buy it.
Gluten Free Gobsmacked
- This girl Cheekalina can cook! Lots of great recipes for everyday
comfort foods to the wildly exotic to all kinds of baking.
Gluten Free Goodness
- Cheryl is an Alexandria, Virginia dietician whose blog features her
tasty experiments in gluten-free and other allergen-free cooking.
Gluten-Free Gourmand - Get the skinny on gluten-free options in Portland, Oregon and lots of other great posts with recipes and good advice.
- A stylish blog about life as a celiac with lots of recipes, travel
tips, essential posts about Thanksgiving and cupcakes, and
- Hilary Davidson is a professional travel writer who was diagnosed
with celiac disease five years ago. Her blog has information about
celiac-safe dining in cities across North America, as well as Spain,
Turkey, Peru and other countries.
Gluten Free in Georgia (and Florida)-
I guess I can't say it any better than Ginger in describing her blog,
"Adventures in Gluten Freedom with a Crazy Southern Blogger Chick".
Decadently good gluten-free and sugar-free recipes, witty writing and
lots of fun and useful GF information.
Gluten Free on a Shoestring
- This lawyer-turned-stay-at-home-mom-of-three really knows how to
write. Plus she's funny. Plus she's a creative and frugal cook. Don't
miss a chance to visit this blog.
Gluten Free Portland - Dave provides the dish on gluten-free products, eateries and news in the Portland, Oregon area.
Gluten Free Saratoga
- Suzanne in Saratoga Springs, New York, dishes out great recipes,
tips on gluten-free eateries and groceries in Saratoga County and other
Gluten Free Spinner
- Mary is passionate about entertaining friends and family with good
food that's gluten-free and kissed with her well-stocked spice shelf.
Gluten Free Taste of Home - A blog packed with GF product reviews and giveaways, restaurant reviews, recipes and more from Cinde in Washington State.
- Navigating a gluten free life in Los Angeles is the focus of
Stephen's new blog, with lots of product and restaurant reviews.
Gluten Hates Me, But I'm Surviving
-Marlow is a Southern gal who's having way to much fun in the kitchen
cooking great gluten free foods and inventing cool new kinds of
The Good Eatah - Life with this Massachusetts native involves gluten-free, dairy-free cooking, in between skydiving and biking trips.
Hey, That Tastes Good!-
Jill lives in Connecticut and blogs about local gluten-free eateries
and has some excellent recipes, as well as the occasional gluten-free
travel report from Slovakia.
Hold the Gluten
- Maureen is a New Jersey mom with lots of witty information and
mouthwatering recipes about life on planet celiac. She even does
- Jeena is a U.K. food blogger with a ton of gluten-free recipes in
her index. Her focus is healthy and fresh food, with an emphasis on
Indian recipes. My family is hooked on her Onion Bhajis recipe and all
the variations with other vegetables that we cook up.
- Jenn is a chemist living in Switzerland with a GF husband and an
arsenal of awesome photography and culinary skills. Just a
breathtakingly delicious site.
- Karina is the Gluten-Free Goddess, whose blog reflects her
background as an artist and writer, with lots of gorgeous food
photography. Karina's gluten-free and other allergy-friendly recipes
have a Southwestern flavor and a focus on fresh and natural
Kat's GF Kitchen
- Albany, New Yorker Kat has a husband who has recently gone
gluten-free and this blog chronicles her cooking adaptations and
Life Gluten Free
- A gluten-free blogger mom with an emphasis on sugar-free and healthy
cooking and eco-friendly lifestyle tips. Plus cool crafts!
Lynn's Kitchen Adventures
- After suffering from undiagnosed gluten-intolerance for most of her
life, Oklahoman Lynn is reveling in retooling her family favorite
recipes into delicious foods that are free of gluten, tree nuts, peanuts
The Mommy Bowl
- Deanna is a Wisconsin mom who blogs gluten-free and dairy-free
recipes and information on her blog. Wonderful photographer, too!
No Gluten Required
- Kristina has a Master's Degree in Gastronomy, a custom set of
Gluten-Free wooden utensils and a whole lot of great recipes, product
and restaurant reviews and good advice.
No Gluten, No Problem - Kelli and Peter Bronski blog about recipes and gf living and are the authors of "Artisanal Gluten-Free Cooking."
No One Likes Crumbley Cookies - Terence Crumbley gives out some great GF recipes as well as the occasional post about health and fitness and Nintendo games.
Only Sometimes Clever - An Arizona homeschooling mom who very thoughtfully blogs about the gluten-free lifestyle, books, GF products and hiking.
Pig in the Kitchen
- This U.K. pig is one of the funniest food writers out there and her
recipes for her family of many allergies are great to boot. Throw in
some great food photos and it's a blog party!
Please Don't Pass the Nuts
- This New York City psychotherapist and social worker shares recipes
and lifestyle advice for gluten-free, nut-free, soy-free, sugar-free,
lactose-free and other -free diets.
Rachel's Recipe Box
- This New England homeschooling mommy's blog contains a wealth of
gluten-free, dairy-free recipes and advice about healthy living.
Real Sustenance - Brittany is a gluten- and dairy-free cook with
lots of Skills (that's a capital S there) in the kitchen. Gotta try
that won ton dough recipe and soon!
- Amy offers a wealth of information for parents of celiac kids and
their families, as well as news and Minneapolis/St. Paul GF
The Sensitive Pantry
- If you are looking for recipes and kitchen advice about eating
gluten- and egg-free , check out this stylish blog. There are also many
recipes that are tagged as vegan and casein/dairy-free.
She Let Them Eat Cake
- Maggie is the baking diva that provides a ton of tasty recipes for GF
and often dairy-free meals, with an emphasis on REAL foods.
Simply Sugar & Gluten Free - Amy's maintained a healthy
weight loss by eliminating refined sugars and gluten from her diet, but
that doesn't stop this blogger from creating spectacular recipes for the
things that make life sweet. Amy hosts Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays to
highlight fabulous foods made a little bit healthier.
Sorry I Can't Eat That - Allie in Western Massachusetts gives out advice on gluten-free groceries, restaurants and other places.
The Spunky Coconut
- A Colorado mom and food coach/personal cook that specializes in
gluten-free, casein-free and sugar-free cooking dishes out some great,
healthy recipes. She is also the author of the new "Spunky Coconut
Straight into Bed Cakefree and Dried
- Naomi over in England is a homeopath and her recipes for lovely,
healthy and kid-friendly treats are spectacular. She also started the
blogging event, Go Ahead, Honey, It's Gluten-Free, to inspire
theme-based gluten-free recipe roundups.
Strawberries are Gluten Free - A Canadian mom of three young kids and a celiac husband who shares her family-friendly recipes and menus.
Sugar and Spice - A Boston girl who likes to cook, read nonfiction, kick box and watch the Red Sox.
Sure Foods Living
- Alison, a California mom, maintain a excellent informational blog
about living gluten-free and avoiding other food allergens.
Tasty Eats at Home - This Texas mom knows how to put a great meal on the table quickly, even when it's gluten-free and from scratch.
La Tartine Gourmande
- French ex-pat Bea (accent aigue in there over the e) is a food and
travel writer/photographer, whose blog is achingly beautiful. Find over
100 gluten-free recipes in her recipe index.
Trav's Gone Gluten-Free - Philadelphian Travis explores the gluten-free world, with many recipes and reviews of gluten-free beers and other products.
- The publishers of the "Essential Gluten-Free Restaurant Guide" and
Grocery Guide have a blog packed with tips about finding gluten-free
food throughout the U.S.
Wheat Free Meat Free
- Kalinda cooks for her vegetarian celiac husband in Chicago and this
blog features her great recipes and wonderful food photos.
Whole Life Nutrition Kitchen
- Husband and wife nutritionists and cookbook authors Ali and Tom have
a wonderful blog about healthy, gluten-free eating coming to us from
A Year of Crockpotting
- Stephanie is the hilarious, gluten-free chef who has a strong
attraction to her herd of crock pots--but she's OK with that. A funny
and tasty food blog which started on January 1, 2008 with a new crock
pot recipe each day.
This list is just an appetizer,
there are so many other great gluten-free food bloggers out there that I
haven't had time to taste and more sprout each day. Let me know if you
see any other great GF bloggers out there that you would recommend.