Friday, March 28, 2008

Foodie Blog Roll Announcement

I have come to the realization that I am a foodie - not defined in my trusty Webster's Ninth Collegiate Dictionary, but a term I understand to mean someone who enjoys and thinks about food every day. Food ain't just fuel, it's something to savor. I have been enjoying many other food blogs and websites since becoming savvier at this Internet stuff and am proud to announce that I am now an official member of the Foodie Blogroll, starting by her Royal Highness, The Leftover Queen. It's a great way to troll for new dinner ideas, slaver over food photos and check out fun recipe contests. I have posted the Foodie Blogroll listing on the right-hand sidebar for you to drift into.

I immediately got lost in the blogroll and found lots of recipes to bookmark and even downloaded a free Italian cookbook which helps fund America's Second Harvest, a nonprofit organization which helps fight hunger. Click on this link by the end of this month to download a nice little cookbook with recipes by Mario Batali and gorgeous table settings by David Tutera inspired by Natalie (Chickpea Fritters!) Portman, Marisa Tomei, Stanley Tucci, Chris Daughtry, and Debra Messing. Every download nets America's Second Harvest a $1.00 donation, so we all win.

1 comment:

Ruth Strong said...

Welcome to the foodie blogroll!

Thanks for your comment on my blog as well as your vote in the joust! I'm blushing now!

Regarding rice flour vs wheat flour - I've never used rice flour but looking up here it looks like it would work fine! Enjoy! Let me know how it turns out