Thursday, August 30, 2007

Gluten-Free Baked Goods at the local Farmers Market

The Gansevoort Farmers Market is a new institution this summer and has a lovely selection of vegetables, meats, and baked goods available from local vendors on Thursdays from 3 pm to 6 pm at the Village Green (corner of State Route 32 and Wilton-Gansevoort Road). I stopped by after work to catch some delicious gluten-free treats baked by Jeanne Daley and two of her buddies. I stocked up on Chocolate Chip Bars, Apple Pie Cookies, Fudge and a beautiful little loaf of French Bread which I sliced, toasted and topped with some of our garden tomatoes chopped up with some fresh garlic, basil, olive oil and vinegar. I then ran it back in the toaster oven with some grated cheese on top and what a treat for my gluten-free husband!

The Gansevoort Farmers Market will run through the end of October each Thursday and the variety gluten-free baked goods is promised to change weekly. If you are in the area, stop by and check it out!

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Hi Rachel. Interesting info! Is there a business name for the bakers? I almost never run across fresh baked gluten-free goodies! I've never been to the Gansevoort Market since I'm right in Saratoga Springs and ours is twice a week. However, the only GF goodies for me there are the almond horns. I wonder if these people have ever considered coming to the Saratoga Farmer's Market?
Have a great hoildiay weekend.
Suzanne

Rachel said...

Hi Suzanne:

This is a brand new farmers market and this business is brand new as well, a couple of celiac chicks and the daughter of a celiac father who bake in each other's kitchens, so I will keep people posted on their business growth. Those almond horns from Effie's at the Saratoga Farmers Market are divine, aren't they?

P.S. The Chocolate Chip Bars are really good too.

-Rachel

shelbyskitchen said...

So excited to see another GF baker! We are opening up a GF restaurant (artisan barbecue and craft cookery) in Schroon Lake, hopefully in June. I'm a celiac and a chef and will have tons of GF baked goods and menu items every day! (Mr. P's Mountain Smokehouse and www.shelbyskitchentherapy.com)