Thursday, September 4, 2008

Gluten Free Food Find of the Week: Saratoga Peanut Butter


Browsing the peanut butter selections at my local supermarket I came upon some flavored peanut butters that boasted a local label. Perusing the back label, an autonomic response in my post-apocalypto-gluten-free state, the words "Gluten Free" jumped out at me. Gluten-free, flavored organic and local made peanut butters! They were in the cart faster than you could say George Washington Carver.

I bought a jar each of the maple and chocolate flavored peanut butters and they are mighty tasty. I prefer the maple flavor, as it is a bit sweeter than the chocolate, which had a chocolate-y smell, but didn't seem as chocolate-y tasting as I was expecting. Perhaps I am too hooked on Nutella. The maple peanut butter is divine on whole wheat toast and of course, makes an awesome PBJ.

At any rate, this is the kind of natural peanut butter that is chunky and a bit soft, although it does not have the weird oil slick on top that some natural peanut butters get when they sit around. Kudos for that too.

You can check out the Saratoga Peanut Butter Company website to check out their other products and order some by mail if you don't live in the Capital District. Or you can call them at 1-888-yopeanut.

Be sure to check out their photo contest for pix featuring their peanut butters to win some free nuttery!

No comments: